Wearing Perfume: Do’s and Don’t's
25 April 2011 No Comment
Wearing perfumes do’s and don’t’s:
- Less is more. Don’t wear too much perfume. What is too much? Generally, 2-3 sprays, on the skin (never on clothes), and on the pulse points, is plenty enough. Someone should be able to smell your perfume if they’re within 1-2 feet of you, not much more…And this applies to women and men alike. There’s nothing more off-putting than a man walking by, smelling of cologne from 5 feet away, regardless of how good he looks…
- Don’t spray fragrance on your clothes, the perfume might cause a stain.
- Don’t rub perfume on your skin, always dab it. Rubbing the perfume will damage the perfume molecules and may alter the smell.
- Don’t wear perfume if you are going to sweat. The scent might combine with the fragrant compounds and alter the fragrance unpleasantly.
- Don’t re-apply perfume too often, it might be overpowering, best to wait at least 2 hours before re-applying. Remember, less is more….